Maxda CX-9 minor issues

I have a Mazda CX-9 which I am mostly pretty happy with. The following constitute "niggles" which just kind of annoy me ...
  1. The Cruise Control disengages if you use the turn indicator. Clearly, this misguided "safety feature" was designed by someone who has either never used an Interstate freeway, or perhaps was an intern at Mazda and was subsequently transferred into the Accounts department.
  2. The lock for the rear electric window-controls also locks out the driver. Perhaps Mazda doesn't realize that this is a "child safety feature" and not a "driver safety feature". I should be able to lock-out my kids from operating the rear windows - but still be able to operate them myself.
  3. The rear window controls, if operated, prevent the driver control (for the same window) from working - even if the lock is engaged. Scenario: My 5 year old daughter wants me to leave the window down - and she knows that if she just leaves her finger on the button, I can't wind up the window using the driver control. Bloody kids ! Bloody Mazda !!
None of this mis-design exists in my Audi - it "just works" the way you'd hope it would.

Chalk one up for the Germans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamoata

Windows FILETIME to Javascript Date

Using an Async Iterator in Typescript